HEAD OF THE ASSOCIATION
Head of the Alternative Financial Services Association of Latvia is Tīna Lūse.
Tīna Lūse is an individually practicing sworn advocate who has acquired a master’s degree in law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Latvia.
Previously worked in public administration and the private sector – practiced for more than ten years in a law firm close to an international audit company, specializing in advising on acquisitions and restructuring transactions, commercial law, as well as non-banking financial law, and for the past five years in leading telecommunications compant, where she gained significant in experience distressed asset management, corporate governance and public relations.
She has been a member of the Supervisory Board of the Association “For Legal Content” and since 2018 has been managing the Latvian Tire Management Association.
Head of the association provides the following:
- Management of the daily work;
- Implementation of supervision over the members’ compliance with the provisions of the Articles of Association, Standard of good practice and other approved documents;
- Representation of the association in communication with its members and third parties;
- Management of the association’s property and action with its funds in compliance with these Articles of Association
- Determination of the quantitative and personal structure, as well as the amount of the labour payment on the basis of the volume of works to be completed according to the approved budget;
- Preparation of proposals on matters falling within the competence of the Supervisory Board and the General Meeting.
GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
General Meeting of members is the association’s supreme decision-making institution.
Only General Meeting shall be authorized to perform the following activities:
- To amend Articles of Association;
- To elect or withdraw auditor and members of the Supervisory Board;
- To decide on winding-up or reorganization of the association;
- To decide on matters related to shareholding in commercial companies or other non-governmental organizations.
Control over the financial and economic activity of the association shall be provided by an auditor, elected by the General Meeting for a period of one year.