HEAD OF THE ASSOCIATION
Head of the Alternative Financial Services Association of Latvia is Gints Āboltiņš.
Gints Āboltiņš has acquired professional experience, while working in the capacity of a Board Member and Chief Financial Officer at the JSC “Attīstības finanšu institūcija Altum”, Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board at the JSC IPS “Hipo Fondi”, as well as Chairman of the Board at the LLC “Latvijas Garantiju aģentūra”.
Gints Āboltiņš has developed significant professional experience while taking the position of the Head of the Market Analysis Unit at the JSC “Latvijas Krājbanka”.
Gints Āboltiņš is a graduate of the University of Latvia, Faculty of Economics and Management, where he has acquired a Master of Social Science Degree in Economics with the specialization in finances and crediting.
Head of the association provides the following:
- Management of the daily work;
- Implementation of supervision over the members’ compliance with the provisions of the Articles of Association, Standard of good practice and other approved documents;
- Representation of the association in communication with its members and third parties;
- Management of the association’s property and action with its funds in compliance with these Articles of Association
- Determination of the quantitative and personal structure, as well as the amount of the labour payment on the basis of the volume of works to be completed according to the approved budget;
- Preparation of proposals on matters falling within the competence of the Supervisory Board and the General Meeting.
SUPERVISORY BOARD OF THE ASSOCIATION
Supervision of the operation of the association is provided by the Supervisory Board consisting of five persons, elected by the members of the association for a period of two years.
Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Acting Chief-Executive Offices of the JSC “4finance”
Members of the Supervisory Board:
Chairman of the Board of the JSC “Mintos Marketplace”
Board Member of the LLC “ExpressCredit”
Head of the LLC “Creamfinance Latvia”
Legal Adviser of the LLC “Grand Credit”
Following issues fall within the competence of the Supervisory Board of the association:
- Approval of the association’s budget;
- Provision of opinion on current sectoral problems and solution thereof;
- Approval of the sectoral good practice guidelines and standards.
GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
General Meeting of members is the association’s supreme decision-making institution.
Only General Meeting shall be authorized to perform the following activities:
- To amend Articles of Association;
- To elect or withdraw auditor and members of the Supervisory Board;
- To decide on winding-up or reorganization of the association;
- To decide on matters related to shareholding in commercial companies or other non-governmental organizations.
Control over the financial and economic activity of the association shall be provided by an auditor, elected by the General Meeting for a period of one year.